Thursday, October 25, 2007

We dyed and went to heaven....yes, it's cliche, but in this case so true!!

Oh...I LOVE dyeing fabric!! It's so creative...it's so messy...

My friend, Carol, came over again for a day of dyeing. She was given MANY old, probably 10-15 years old, dye powders so we decided to see if they were still viable. We chose 17 colors to work with and went to town. We picked Pewter, Black Cherry, Dusty Rose, Claret, Deep Yellow, Lapis, Olive Drab, Marigold, Amethyst, Aqua Marine, Periwinkle, Chinese Red, Maroon, Red Wine, Turquoise, Cerulean Blue & Seafoam. Several of these we've used before but we still had to "test" them to make sure they were still "active" dyes. :))

I made dark and Carol made medium colors and we'll compare once they are washed out. It's so much easier to get an indication of what the colors might look like when you are doing medium colors. Dark colors all look black in the dye pot!

Anyway, after we did each color straight, then we started to play. I'm anxious to see these color combinations. I documented as best I could so we could "sorta" be able to create them again!

I'll post pictures of all of them soon!

No comments: