Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Organization or Just Having Fun?

Today was good! That sense of accomplishment that you get from getting stuff done….I love it! It’s just amazing to me how much “stuff” I’ve collected over the years and when I’m going through it I don’t even remember getting it. Obviously, I don’t need it, but in a way it reminds me of who I am. Found many old pictures today that I had forgotten I even had. Some remind me of things I don’t really want to remember, but most were wonderful old memories and made me feel happy! At least now they are all in one pile instead of many! And, soon I’ll be able to get them put where they belong.

In the same vein, I’ve been cleaning/clearing out my studio. So much excess that, at one time, I thought I needed. Today it’s just clutter to me but a treasure to someone else. So….out it all goes to good homes somewhere else! It will take a while to cleanse the entire room, but just starting the process is stress-relieving and somehow relaxing. It feels good to let go.

No comments: